Sunday, April 29, 2012

Trying something new...

I thought I'd try cooking in my rice cooker tonight.  :)  I put some Quinoa rice in w/some green bell pepper, carrots and potatoes.  Everything came out so tender and yummy!!  This is a perfect side (or main for a veggie family) and it was so quick and easy to throw together!  As I sit here eating this deliciousness, I think it really needs MORE veggies.  Feel free to bump up the amount of carrots, bell pepper (even other colors), and add some of your favorite veggies too!  Asparagus is in season and might be quite tasty in this too.  

2 cups rinsed Quinoa
4 1/2 cups GF chicken broth
1 green bell pepper, diced
2 medium potatoes, diced
about 10 fat large baby carrots(or 3 regular carrots), sliced
2 tablespoons granulated garlic
1 tablespoon dried diced onions

salt to taste

I just tossed all that into the rice cooker, set it to cook and served it up when it was done.  YUM!


No comments:

Post a Comment