Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Herb Chicken

Last night we tried a new recipe, herb chicken in the slow cooker.  Now I must admit that my allergies are in full force and I have lost my sense of taste, but my family said it had good flavor! :)

Do not over cook the chicken, or it will become dry.

3 tablespoons olive oil
2 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
1 1/2 teaspoons granulated garlic
1 teaspoon GF season salt
1 1/2 teaspoon thyme
1 1/2 teaspoon dried sweet basil
8 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 1/4 cups GF chicken broth

In a small bowl combine the olive oil and spices/seasonings (making a rub).  Rub over chicken breasts.  Place 1/4 cup of chicken broth in the bottom of the slow cooker, then place the chicken breasts in the slow cooker after they have been rubbed w/the spice mixture.  Pour remaining broth around slow cooker.  Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender.

ENJOY!

Serve w/a garden salad or a GF pasta dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment